Exact 15 jaar geleden maakten we kennis met een brok onvervalste comedy: The Office, de briljante sitcom uit de koker van Ricky Gervais en Stephen Merchant, over het dagelijkse leven in een muf kantoor in een Londense voorstad. En natuurlijk ook over David Brent, de onuitstaanbare baas die zichzelf 'a friend first, a boss second and an entertainer third' vindt en zijn ondergeschikten verblijdt met zijn wijsheden over zakendoen, werken en het leven in het algemeen.
Een top 10 van de beste quotes:
- 'Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.'
- 'If you want the rainbow you got to put up with the rain. You know who said that? Dolly Parton. And people just thought she was a pair of tits.'
- 'If work was so good, the rich would have kept more of it for themselves.'
- 'There may be no 'I' in team, but there's a 'ME' if you look hard enough.'
- 'Never do today that which will become someone else's responsibility tomorrow.'
- 'You have to be 100 % behind someone, before you can stab them in the back.'
- 'If your boss is getting you down, look at him through the prongs of a fork and imagine him in jail.'
- 'What does a squirrel do in the summer? It buries nuts. Why? Cos then in winter time he's got something to eat and he won't die. So, collecting nuts in the summer is worthwhile work. Every task you do at work think, would a squirrel do that? Think squirrels. Think nuts.'
- 'If you treat the people around you with love and respect, they will never guess that you're trying to get them sacked.'
- 'If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence you ever tried.'